Wednesday, June 20, 2007

There are days....

That I forget that this whole thing is for real!

And then I am awaken by the loud and obnoxious sound of my reality! It is nice to pretend for a minute that your life is what it once was! But a minute is all you get!

I know that I have not posted much about FS and how things are going. Mostly because I do not have the strength....or the time...or the words. But things are going......well...they are going. Each day is a new challenge. And I am home and off work (since he refuses to go to summer camp)...and if I hear "I am bored" one more time...I may explode!

We have been making some really great progress. We have had a few set backs, but I think we are making it through. I would talk about some of the hard times...but I don't want to scare anyone into NOT wanting to have children! I know that at times it has cured my baby woes!!! :)

Things in my life are complicated right now. More than usual...and I think I am doing better than expected. I just hope I can continue to hold strong. I am sure there is much more insanity to come!!!

Jemmers :)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

**big hugs**

I so know what you mean.

Dooneybug said...

Anytime kids come into your life everything gets tossed up in the air and it never lands back in the place it began. Especially a foster child who has come from who knows what kind of environment previously. It's a huge challenge and you are a very special woman to take that challenge on and help this child. You are doing so awesome!

I feel a little lost because I misplaced your new blog address until recently. How old is FS?

Jemmers said...

Thanks Jayleigh!!! I bet you do!

You are so kind, Dooney! I am doing my best! He is 16 going on 17.....and most of the time acts as if he is 8! But what kid doesn't!! :)

Real Life in South Carolina said...

What would life be without a little insanity! Right? Oh, and I just love it when my kids whine about being bored. I just give them something to do! (Fold the laundry, sweep the floor, weed the garden)...suddenly they aren't bored anymore! ;)