Dear FS,
It has been one month since you became part of our family. It seems like yesterday that we received the call that a young boy needed a home. You were our first placement, and we were a little nervous. Especially since you were 16 years old! Seeing as we were not that much older than you, and have never parented before!
I can still see the look on your face as you walked up to the door, holding your bike and your bag full of clothes. You seemed nervous as well. I remember you said that you were worried I would take your bike. But I promised I wouldn't!!
In our school district it was spring break, so you and I were able to spend the week together. It was a little strange at first...but I had a lot of fun. We played video games and watched movies and talked.
We talked a lot about what happened in your life, and why you were here. I remember that it brought tears to my eyes most nights. I just could not believe that you had to go through so many awful things....but I was glad that you felt you could open up to me.
In the beginning you always said that you were being the fake FS...and that we did not want to see the real you. But it was not long until the real you came out....and he was not all that bad...hurting..but not bad.
You did some really amazing things during this month. You quit smoking after many, many years. You worked really hard on your cussing. You received 4 A+'s and lots of B's!!!!! You worked on your anger...and how to deal with it in different and more effective ways! You started a job training class...and did really well!
I want you to know that I am super proud of you! You are such an amazing soul....and I am SO glad that you came to stay with us and be apart of our family! You will always be my 1st son!
Remember, that you are VERY special!! And don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
I love you, FS! :)
Love,
Mom
5 comments:
Sounds like today was much better than yesterday! Blessings, blessings, and more blessings.
Beautifully written. I think it's so awesome that he was able to be placed with you guys. He needed a FM and FD who really truly cared about him!
How sweet...you truely care about him! You are so amazing!!!
Aw Jemmers! **hugs**
Thanks for sharing that with us... are you going to give it to him?
Thanks guys!!
And yes, Jayleigh, I would like to print them all out and give them to him when he is older...or when he leaves.
I want him to know that someone DOES care about him!!!!
Post a Comment