**Disclaimer** No cats were harmed during the making of this post! We don't even have a cat!
I have a confession to make. I am comfortable where I am at. I like the feeling that we are a normal family. It feels as if we are finally where I have wanted to be for so long.
Why is this not a good thing?? Well,for starters...we are not a normal family! And that is a good thing. We are a foster home to many children...and hopefully to many more to come. The idea of adding a forever child to the mix frightens me. Changes my outlook a bit. Not that is should at all.
When we started this journey two years ago, hubby and I both agreed that we would do all we could to help those in need. And I think we have been doing that somewhat well. And I love it. But, my heart has changed just a tad. And it is so hard to explain and so hard to understand. But with the adoption of cutie pie, I am no longer just a foster mom. I am a mom!
So when we got two e-mails last night for 2 different babies who needed a home...I felt different. I was worried how it would effect my schedule. I underestimated how Cutie Pie would be able to handle having another baby taking up some of mommy's time. I selfishly thought of my loss of sleep...and what it would do to me...and not how these sweet children needed a home.
I promise you, I did snap out of it! But my longing for normalcy all those years seemed to have caught up with me. And what is normal anyways??
So, I am back from outer-space! And ready for whatever plan God has in store for this simple abnormal family!
Stay tuned....
Jemmers :)
6 comments:
I have those exact same feelings....the mommy guilt. I can't wait to see what God has planned for you!!! Keep us posted.
Oh, I needed to read this! I feel the same way when I think about taking in more children...guilty for taking away precious time with D.
Can't wait to hear more about these babies!
I am dying to see what happens!
I think your honesty is refreshing. I think it is amazing that you are choosing to listen to Him and go where He leads, not where your heart necessarily desires. That is not an easy task.
I love your honesty!! And NO person can judge you for that... you have taken a big step to work for God and take care of the orphans. I look up to people like you and wish there was more "YOU's" in the world!! Your awesome!!
I'm definitely staying tuned and hoping for only the best for your family.
Post a Comment