Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dear Jemmers...Answers...

Please see post below.

Here are Stacey's questions....
ok, here are some for you: how long did it take for your home study to be completed? how long from the time it was completed until the time you got 'the call'? also, do you guys have an age limit on children who you feel equipped to come into your home? do you feel that makes a difference? Have you met much resistance in your county? Sorry for all of the questions. Feeling frustrated on my end because our home study is taking FOREVER. i don't feel like it is going to result in anything once it is completed because we limited the age of children we could take in to 0-4 yrs. we did this for our daughter, but i am afraid it will hurt us in the end.
thanks!@!

Stacey


I want to encourage you to hang in there. The process can be very long, but it will end and you will move on to the next step. I promise.

Our story is a bit different than others I have talked to. We decided to do this in December 2006, we were in classes by January of 2007 and finished our 36 hours by mid February. We completed our home study in early March and licensed on March 31, 2007. We were called for our first foster son on April 6th.

We accept children of all ages....0-18 years old. At first this is not what I wanted to do. I wanted children 0-6 years old. But we were called to do teens as well. And mainly we could do this because we had no other children in our home at the time. I realize that not everyone can do this...can accept this age range. But we have had 4 children under 5 years old and 4 teens. So there are younger children that need homes to. Most come in sibling groups. But I do believe that God has a plan...and though it may take time, you will be called. There are lots of children out there in need of a good home!

Thanks for your questions, Stacey!!! And good luck to you and your family!

Jemmers :)

2 comments:

zunzun said...

Sometimes I misplace keys and papers and such...apparently I also misplace blogs!!! Just realized I didn't have you on my Google Reader so no updates were coming through so I came looking for you...oh well...it'll be fun catching up a bit...just wanted to say "hi"

Stacey said...

thank you so much for the info and for the encouragement. i know it will happen on His time, and i have to keep reminding myself of this over and over and over :) sounds like it happened really quick for you!! i appreciate the info. thanks so much. looking forward to hearing about more of your adventures :)