So, we have been talking about what school would be like for a while now. How Maya would ride the bus...or the Arthur Bus, as she likes to call it. (from the show Arthur?? Anybody?? I don't even know if he rides a bus...but that is what she calls it!) And that she would go to school and play and learn and have fun!
For the past few days, our conversations have looked like this:
Maya - Mommy, I go to stool. Ride the Arthur bus. I yisten and be a dood dirl!
Mommy - Yes sweetie! And you will have lots of fun! And then mommy will pick you up when school is over. Ok? (Mommy will pick up because of the 2 hour long bus ride home! Ummm...not happenin'!)
Maya - Mommy pick up? Otay! I ride the stool bus!!! Yeah!!!!
So, today...our first day! Maya runs out to the bus and off she goes...not a whimper in sight. Except from mommy....cause her little girl just got on a school bus without her!!!!!!!!

She was good as pie...until mommy picked her up from school!!!! She CRIED when she saw me! Why????
Maya - Mommy!!! I ride the stool bus!!!!!!
Because she wanted to ride the school bus home! Not with mommy! She doesn't drive a big yellow school bus! How dare that mommy!
Well, my Maya separation preparation has begun! It is going to be a hard two months!
Jemmers :)
4 comments:
How bitter sweet! Love the pic. Priceless.
God bless :)
Very sweet pic! Sweeter still are the memories you have from your little girl this past year.
**hugs**
I too love the pic! Sweet Maya, she reminds me of my Kelly.
Bittersweet, I know! When M-A started preschool in January I cried! She wants to ride the bus, too, as she reminds me almost every other day. When I tell her that she can ride the bus maybe next year she says, "I no talk you now" with a scowl on her face! It's all I can do to not laugh in those moments.
Preschool will be good for Maya. It's really helping M-A in so many ways--socially, with her speech, behaviorally, etc... I'm very pleased and I hope that you find the same with your little angel.
I loved the picture, by the way.
Post a Comment