I can hardly wrap my head around it. She IS leaving. In a few weeks. For good!
I knew this was coming. Well, not this soon. But Foster children leave. It is what they do. They are here for a short time.....and then they leave!
So now I am trying to prepare for her departure. I am finishing her scrapbook that I made for her. I am making a mental note of what toys are hers. A list of things I would like her to have (toys that are not hers to keep. I will get her own.) that she absolutely loves. Telling her I love her at least 80 times a minute. Memorizing her cute little face. And trying not to cry.
Oh...how I'm gonna miss her!

Jemmers :)
3 comments:
It really is the hardest part, isn't it?
Take care of yourself.
Awwwwe, that makes me so sad to hear. But I know you've played a big part in this little girl's life and provided her with a safe home during a very hectic time in her life. I'll be praying for you, I know this is going to be hard, but you are a strong woman.
You should take her to the portrait studio at Walmart to get her picture taken. You'll love keeping some of the pics (and send the rest with her) and then you can make your own fostering scrapbook filled with wonderful memories!
Post a Comment